The rules are the same as standard Klondike Solitaire, except that Stars are considered to be the opposite color of any suit except itself. In other words, cards from the Suit of Stars are both red and black and can be played on any of the other four regular suits, but not on another Star.
Cards may be played as follows, so long as the play is otherwise legal:
- A Spade can be played on a Heart, Diamond or Star.
- A Heart can be played on a Spade, Club or Star.
- A Club can be played on a Heart, Diamond or Star.
- A Diamond can be played on a Spade, Club or Star.
- A Star can be played on a Spade, Heart, Club or Diamond.
Turn up cards from the top of the stock one by one. The stock may be run through only once.
Variant: Go through the stock by threes without limit.